Intermediate Gang Certification Course and TNGIA Annual Gang Conference.
August 22nd through 25th, 2022.
2022 Conference Topics
- Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs
- Hybrid Gangs
- Female Gang Members
- Crypto Currency
- Officer Safety
- Correctional Intelligence
- How to start a gang unit
The cost for the conference will be $175. If
you register 5 or more attendees, the cost
will drop $25 off of each registration, making it $150 per person.
2022 Intermediate Gang Certification Class
Tennessee Gang Investigators Association
(TNGIA) will host an “Intermediate Gang Certification Course”
class on Monday August 22nd, 2022. The annual
gang conference will follow on Tuesday August
23rd, and run through Thursday August 25th, 2022.
The cost for this “Basic Certification” class is $100.
Any questions, contact Willie Espinoza at email@example.com.
Dear TNGIA Members:
Nominations are now being accepted for Tennessee Gang Officer of the Year, Tennessee Gang Analyst of the Year, Tennessee Gang Unit of the Year – Patrol, and Tennessee Gang Unit of the Year – Corrections. The Tennessee Gang Investigators Association developed these awards to recognize the outstanding efforts and dedication of the outstanding law enforcement professionals who work tirelessly to decrease and deter gang-related crimes within their jurisdictions.
The following items must be included in the nomination packet. Incomplete packets may not be reviewed: 1. Nomination Letter: a. A typed narrative that provides a thorough description of the work performed by the nominee(s) and an explanation of how they have made a difference in decreasing gang crimes.
b. Narrative must not exceed one-page.
2. All nominations must be received electronically by 5:00 pm Central Daylight Savings Time on July 31, 2022.
3. Nominations must be emailed to TNGIASecretary@gmail.com.
4. Winners will be announced during the TNGIA Annual Conference in August.
5. Individuals from any Tennessee law enforcement agency or from the community served may submit nominations.
6. Individuals are not required to be a member of TNGIA to be nominated for an award.
7. The TNGIA Board of Directors will evaluate the nominations and select the winners.
8. Decisions of the TNGIA Board of Directors are final.
Gang Officer of the Year Award
The TNGIA Gang Investigator of the Year Award recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of an individual gang officer since September 2021. To be considered for this award, the gang investigator must demonstrate the following criteria:
• knowledge of conducting gang investigations
• an innovative and creative use of resources to deter or eliminate gang activity
Gang Analyst of the Year Award
The TNGIA Gang Analyst of the Year Award in recognition of outstanding analytical accomplishments of an individual gang analyst since September 2021. To be considered for this award, the gang analyst must demonstrate at least one of the following criteria:
- the ability to utilize skills that demonstrate outstanding strategic analysis or tactical analysis that has significantly contributed to the positive outcome of an investigation
- developed or used new methods or tools that have significantly enhanced the overall success of a gang unit or agency
- proactively identified gang activity through analysis
Gang Unit of the Year Award
The TNGIA Gang Unit of the Year Award recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of a gang unit since September 2021. To be considered for this award, the gang unit must demonstrate at least two of the following criteria:
- the ability to successfully combat gang activity
- creation or development of innovative gang enforcement strategies
- a decrease in gang activity for their respective jurisdiction(s)
- a strong commitment to the enforcement and prosecution of gang members