The Tennessee Gang Investigators Association invites you to our historic 25th Annual Training Conference, August 21‐24, 2023 at the Edgewater at the Aquarium Hotel and Conference Center located at 402 River Road Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
hours minutes seconds
TNGIA 2023 Conference
Any questions regarding this years conference or training should be referred to Willie Espinoza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear TNGIA Members:
Nominations are now being accepted for Tennessee Gang Officer of the Year, Tennessee Gang Analyst of the Year, Tennessee Gang Unit of the Year – Patrol, and Tennessee Gang Unit of the Year – Corrections. The Tennessee Gang Investigators Association developed these awards to recognize the outstanding efforts and dedication of the outstanding law enforcement professionals who work tirelessly to decrease and deter gang-related crimes within their jurisdictions.
The following items must be included in the nomination packet. Incomplete packets may not be reviewed:
1. Nomination Letter:
a. typed narrative that provides a thorough description of the work performed by the nominee(s) and an explanation of how they have made a difference in decreasing gang crimes.
b. Narrative must not exceed one-page.
2. All nominations must be received electronically by 5:00 pm Central Daylight Savings Time on July 31, 2023.
3. Nominations must be emailed to TNGIASecretary@gmail.com.
4. Winners will be announced during the TNGIA Annual Conference in August.
5. Individuals from any Tennessee law enforcement agency or from the community served may submit nominations.
6. Individuals are not required to be a member of TNGIA to be nominated for an award.
7. The TNGIA Board of Directors will evaluate the nominations and select the winners.
8. Decisions of the TNGIA Board of Directors are final.
Gang Officer of the Year Award
The TNGIA Gang Investigator of the Year Award recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of an individual gang officer since September 2021. To be considered for this award, the gang investigator must demonstrate the following criteria:
• knowledge of conducting gang investigations
• an innovative and creative use of resources to deter or eliminate gang activity
Gang Analyst of the Year Award
The TNGIA Gang Analyst of the Year Award in recognition of outstanding analytical accomplishments of an individual gang analyst since September 2022. To be considered for this award, the gang analyst must demonstrate at least one of the following criteria:
- the ability to utilize skills that demonstrate outstanding strategic analysis or tactical analysis that has significantly contributed to the positive outcome of an investigation
- developed or used new methods or tools that have significantly enhanced the overall success of a gang unit or agency
- proactively identified gang activity through analysis
Gang Unit of the Year Award
The TNGIA Gang Unit of the Year Award recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of a gang unit since September 2021. To be considered for this award, the gang unit must demonstrate at least two of the following criteria:
- the ability to successfully combat gang activity
- creation or development of innovative gang enforcement strategies
- a decrease in gang activity for their respective jurisdiction(s)
- a strong commitment to the enforcement and prosecution of gang members